Friday 27 October 2017

Round 26 - Richmond, Chevvy Rock n Roll 400



The first round of the championship chase took place on the high speed short track of Richmond.

I was glad to be quickest in practice with a time of 22.704 as this is a very trick circuit to master.

I was just as successful in qualifying, a time of 22.253 was good enough for pole position.

After the drop of the green flag I stayed in the top three until I inexplicably spun on lap 57! Under the yellow I took the opportunity to pit for fuel. It was now a race to get back to the lead, Alas, it was too much as yet again I received a black flag, Coming out, down the field, at lap 102 it was going to be a tall order to get to the front. By lap 120 when the chequered flag flew I was in 8th place.


I was now 1st in the championship, 90 points ahead.

My fastest lap time was 21.869 my fastest of the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment