Tuesday 3 October 2017

Round 16 - Toyota/Save Mart 350 - Infineon, Sonoma Raceway



The Nascar Sprint Cup series rolled into Infineon raceway in Sonoma, California on May 23rd 2015.

This was the first of two road courses that Nascar visits during the season.

This track would prove quite a challenge or so I thought. Practise went very well as I set the fastest time of 1.23.938.

In the qualifying session I qualified second with a time of 1.24.460.


I took the lead early on in the race to get the 5 bonus points for leading a lap and held it almost to the end. The race was littered with yellow flags and it was the last one that I actually brought out which lost me the lead. I ended up 2nd in a race I should have won.

My fastest lap of the race was a 1.22.096 which was faster than my practise and qualifying time.


I was 1st in the standings, 222 ahead, 2 races in hand to make the chase.



No comments:

Post a Comment