Monday 16 October 2017

Round 22 - Watkins Glen Centurion Boats At The Glen


The Nascar Sprint Cup series rolled into Watkins Glen in New York State on October 6th 2015 for the second and final road course event of the season.

As this is only the second road course the series visits it was safe to say that my experience here was extremely limited. That said I was the fastest in practise with a time of 1.20.062.

In the qualifying session I qualified on the pole with a tome of  1.21.276.


Being a road course meant that if you received a drive through penalty depending on what position you were in it was possible not to lose a lap. Under the first yellow flag period I made the mistake of passing another car - that earned me a black flag. Luckily I never lost a lap. I stopped for fuel under the next caution period, no one else did. They stopped for fuel under the next yellow. I therefore restarted 2nd and just after taking the lead I was black flagged for dangerous driving and therefore finished dead last!

My fastest lap of the race was a 1.28.136,









No comments:

Post a Comment