Friday 20 October 2017

Round 24 - Bristol - Sharpie 500


The question as the Sprint cars rolled into Bristol was whether my form would continue at Nascar's toughest short track.

With a lot of cars on track at one time setting a fast time in practice proved difficult but midway through the session I managed to set the fastest time (17.361).

In qualifying I managed to get pole position with a time of 16.519.


This track is notorious for passing as there are cars all around you nearly every lap. If there are not contesting a spot then they are being lapped. Therefore it was not surprise that I received a black flag for dangerous driving on lap 50. On lap 81 I had to stop for fuel which left me 69 laps to get back to the front. I put in a good effort but could only reach 3rd by the time the chequered flag fell.

My fastest racing lap was 16.060 my fastest of the weekend.

I led 51 of the 150 laps.

I was still 1st in the championship 413 points (over 2 races) points ahead of the leader.










No comments:

Post a Comment