Wednesday 18 October 2017

Round 23 - Michigan 3M Performance 400

Image result for NASCAR Michigan 3M Performance 400 LOGO



Michigan Super Speedway was home to round 23 of the series.

This high banked oval which boasts speeds of 153mph in the corners is one of Nascar's fastest tracks. It opened its doors to racing in 1968.



The race weekend started off with the mandatory 10 lap practice session. I was 14th with a time of 41.122.

Qualifying next and the question was could I get further up the grid? The answer was no as I could only manage 31st with times of 41.248 and 41.154.


From the green flag I managed to move up into second place before pitting for fuel on lap 29. I came out of the pits in 16th place and in the remaining 30 laps I managed to climb my way back to second. An uneventful podium finish.

I didn't lead a single lap so missed out on the 5 bonus points however it was another giant step towards the championship. I now had 2 races in hand to make the Chase. It was all looking good.

My best time of the race was 41.093 which was my fastest time of the weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment