Tuesday 24 October 2017

Round 25 - Pepsi 500 Auto Club Raceway (California)


Round 25 of the series took place at the Auto Club Speedway, previously known as Fontana, in sunny California.

I was fastest in practice with a time 41.718 after my 10 laps.

In qualifying I was able to reproduce my form and duly qualified in pole with times of 41.812 and 41.932.


In the race I managed to be around the front until lap 26 when I received the dreaded black flag for dangerous driving.  With over half the race to go I decided to get my head down and make a concerted effort to get back to the front. My progress was halted on lap 39 when I had to stop for fuel. Luckily for me the rest had to stop as well so I lost no further ground.

I spent the rest of the race making my way back to the front which I duly achieved!


My best lap of the race was 41.797 which was faster than I qualified!

I was 1st in the standings, 461 points ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment