Saturday 12 March 2011

Round 6 - Lowes Motor Speedway, Charlotte NC


The sixth round of series saw the trucks roll in to Lowes motorspeedway (formerly Charlotte) in North Carolina.

Another solid practise session where again I was fastest with a time of  32.572 after the 10 laps.

Qualifying almost followed the pattern of practise as I was fastest with a time of 32.616.

I led for most of this race and as the race went on I began to confidently think of victory.

In the first half of the race there were two yellow flag periods.

Four laps after halfway I was notified that I was halfway on fuel. I calculated that it would be marginal on fuel to go the distance.


As luck would have it there was a third yellow flag period in the latter stages which enabled me to get to the end and chalk up another win. I did get the 'extremely low on fuel' message on the penultimate lap so was very close to empty when I crossed the line.


I was up to 6th in the standings, 130 points behind.

I led 35 of the 47 laps and set a fastest time of 32.477.

No comments:

Post a Comment