Friday 22 April 2011

Round 9 - Michigan International Speedway

Michigan Super Speedway was home to round 9 of the series.

This high banked oval which boasts speeds of 153mph in the corners is one of Nascar's fastest tracks.


The race weekend started off with the mandatory 10 lap practise session. I was just inside the top 5, placing 5th with a time of 41.633.

Qualifying next and the question was could I get further up the grid? The answer was yes as I managed 3rd  with a time of 41.544.
The race turned out to be something special for me - no black flags. On the first lap I passed one car to go 2nd and that is where I stayed until 2 laps from the end where there was a yellow flag period. On the restart I was passed by 4 cars to finish a credible 6th.

My best time of the race was 41.594 which was my fastest of the race weekend!

I was up to 5th in the standings.




No comments:

Post a Comment