Thursday 8 February 2018

Round 28 - Dover Sprint Cup 400


The Monster Mile that is Dover played host to round 28 of the series.

As with recent rounds in practice I was fastest with a best time of 26.802.

Qualifying went well as I posted the fastest time and secured another pole position (26.711).



I kept the lead from pole for the majority of the early laps.

The high banking almost caused me to spin on lap 23. I dropped to 5th as a result of the incident.

On lap 30 I stopped for fuel under a yellow flag caution period.

I received a black flag on lap 50 for dangerous driving and so had to take a drive through penalty.

I had to for fuel again on lap 61 under yellow again.

Driving through the pack again I received another black flag for dangerous driving on lap 72. To compound the error I sped in the pitlane and so had to do another drive though.

I had 50 laps to get back to somewhere near the lead. I thought I was going to come up short however a yellow flag on lap 117 gave me an opportunity. I sailed past the leader in the remaining laps to take another win.

My best race lap was 26.555 the fastest of the weekend.


I led 79 of the 120 laps.

I was now 1st in the Championship standings 130 points ahead.



















No comments:

Post a Comment